Online therapy is appropriate for people under several circumstances. We are now living in a time where we can access help from anywhere with convenience and confidentiality.
You may benefit from online therapy if:
- You are unable or do not have time to travel to the therapist’s office
- You are not comfortable leaving your own home as a result of physical/mental health issues
- Your obligations to others (children, elderly persons) make it difficult for you to leave the house
- You need to arrange sessions at impractical times
- You are away from your home city and feel the need for a session
A familiar or convenient environment
As your therapist, I want you to feel comfortable and will do whatever possible to make this happen. If you are far away and need to book a session I am happy to accommodate. While a face to face session is often best, sometimes online access is necessary to provide support to my clients.
While some people feel stronger and optimistic after just a few sessions in a therapist’s office, often times once they return to their daily lives, things can get difficult again. A therapist’s office is not the same as your home or work environment and the empowered feeling you had can dissipate.
Online therapy offers sessions in your natural environment if this is what you need.
If you would like to learn more you are welcome to call and book an appointment or fill out my contact form and click send.